audio tape transfer
audio tape transfer is our speciality!
We are experts in the restoration, accurate audio tape transfer and digital migration of analogue and digital audio tape. We can create any type of digital audio files from your analogue originals and often convert tapes to cd.
We are happy to work with small or large orders, individuals or larger organisations.
It doesn’t matter if you have one old compilation tape you’d like to hear on CD or an archive of thousands of quarter inch master recordings. These are all important to their owners and are important to us.
We have carefully invested in a range of some of the best and most appropriate machines for the transfer of older magnetic audio tape. All our transfers are made to high resolution audio files, unless otherwise discussed, using high quality Benchmark Media Systems external analogue to digital (AD) converters.
We do not use the cheap USB record or tape machines you can buy in certain large electrical dealers or through offers in the newspapers!
While these machines may work their quality is often poor compared to our machines and they can handle tape roughly. If you have recordings that are important to you it’s worth getting the best from them by using a service such as ours.
audio formats supported
analogue mono / stereo tape
- compact cassettes to CD
- microcassette, Philips minicassette and Grundig Steno-cassette dictation tapes
- 8 track cartridges and NAB carts
- all speeds and track formats of ¼ inch reel to reel tape
- Dolby A, B, C and SR encoded recordings correctly decoded.
- sticky, fragile, mouldy, damaged and deteriorating tapes
- HiFi / FM / PCM Audio recordings on video tape.
- analogue multitrack tape
- 4 and 8 track multitrack cassettes
- 1/4 inch 4 track and Fostex 8 track multitrack tapes.
- 1/2 inch 8 track multitrack tapes
- 1/2 inch 16 track multitrack tapes
- 2 inch 24 track multitrack tape
digital mono / stereo recordings
- Digital Audio Tape – DAT to CD transfer
- Betamax PCM Digital Audio tapes
- minidisc transfer to CD / WAV
- Alesis ADAT (Type I 16bit and Type II 20bit)
- Tascam DA88 (DA38, DA88, DA98, Sony PCM800 in 16bit and DA78HR, DA98HR in 24bit)